Around the House: Work Stations

Monday, May 10, 2010

Now that we've moved our youngest in with his brother, I can't stop thinking about how to decorate the "new" room. I can't settle on how to arrange the boys' room either, but that's another story. A few things have been determined the color palette and the overall feel of the room. Remember the images I showed you last week? However, I'm stumped when it comes to the desk. I need your help!

Here's the criteria for the perfect desk: It must be sturdy, stylish and inexpensive. My current work station is great looking and very functional, but when I sew fast my machine bobs up and down more than my needle. It's pathetic. I'm pretty sure I would sew much faster and with greater precision if it didn't feel as though I were riding a wooden roller coaster while doing so.







Some affordable pieces I've found online:



craigslist (i'm afraid this bad boy is too big)

My other option is to keep the search going as estate sales and garage sales pop up around town.  The problem there is that I am no good at waiting! I guess I should feel blessed to even have a room to decorate. Right? Happy Monday. I hope your weekend was everything you dreamt it would be. xo

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, the wait is the thing, isn't it? Hang in there. "If you build it, he will come..." (Or something like that.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that any of the desks from Ikea are not sturdy enough. You need something HEAVY made from sturdy wood. . .not pressed. I am going through the same search as you right now. Actually, I thought I found the perfect desk on the side of the road yesterday but my hubby wouldn't let me pick it up. . .if I had been alone, I would have snagged the sucker! It reminded me of the one you found on Craigslist. . .it was pretty big, but beggars can't be choosers!

    Be Blessed!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground