Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Drawers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My neighborhood is filled with homes built in the 50's. And while it is a decade that makes my heart sing, it is not admired by many. This leaves a lot of folks in our neighborhood gutting their kitchens and redecorating/remodeling. This leaves me scoring some pretty sweet finds during bulk trash week. My latest score? A few kitchen drawers that were removed and discarded to make room for an updated version. I know, I know... they're drawers with no home. No kitchen, no chest, no desk to be safely tucked into. But oh, the possibilities that open up!





add legs for a nice side table




more under the bed


tabletop (and how mine will be used in Kim's wedding)

Now you can see why I got a little excited over my find huh? I think once the wedding is over I will either use them in the garden like Emily did above or as floating bedside tables for the boys. Not sure.  What would you do with your old drawers? (And I don't mean your old nickers!) ha ha ha. Happy thrifting and recycling! xo

10 comments:

  1. garden drawers are a fab idea if you can weather proof them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH cute ideas. I am totally going to be on the lookout now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also working on a "drawer project". Hope it turns out as great as these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things that we can do with old furniture and their parts is endless, as long as we keep using our sense of creativeness and doing the most that we can with the materials that we have. The photos shown above provide us with great examples with what we can do with our own pieces of furniture. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ideas. I'm looking for a dower to make a foot rest but can't seem to find one. I'll keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! So creative!! Such a great storage solution too! Great job
    I really am impressed with how much you have worked to make this website so enjoyable.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the side table made by adding legs to the drawer, neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great idea's in the Under the bed drawers pic there seems to be storage in the floor ...do you know anything about that ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just a great way to recycle drawers. Drawers made into tables are so useful and these even provide extra storage spaces. Using these as planters are also interesting and these will surely add some sophistication to the garden. However, I was just wondering how to weather proof these so that they would last. Anyhow, thank you for this very useful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a great idea to reuse drawers. Please share other ideas to reuse other old furniture like wooden chair, table etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground