Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Tree Stumps

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

side tables via cococozy

Because I'm a sucker for bulk trash, I can't tell you how much it pains me to see neighborhood streets lined with tree stumps. I'm starting to think that a DR Chipper needs to be a mandatory household item. Trees are compostable, burnable, mulchable and decoratable. Okay, I know... some of those aren't even words, but they should be. If I was strong enough, I'd carry a carload of these babies home with me every time I saw a pile of 'em. They provide endless reusable ideas...
kids picnic table/seating via the savvy moms guide
tea party via little eco footprints
dessert stands via green wedding shoes

painted white via thrifty and chic
candy colored via rusta upp
natural garden path via cmybacon


Go Small:
wall art via apartment therapy
game pieces via 

my front yard

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've done my fair share of rummaging. We have stumps in our front yard to fill out the garden and smaller slices inside for table decor, candle holders and coasters. That's just good recycling. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground